Healthy employees are a critical element of corporate success. A healthy workforce can lead to greater worker productivity and morale (Burton et al., 1999). As a result, corporations have a financial incentive in having healthy, happy, and well-functioning employees.
For these reasons, it is important to choose the right strategy for your corporation in selecting a corporate wellness program.
Although there is overlap across many of the wellness programs in the marketplace, my programs offer several unique features, which distinguish them from others:
- Individualized approach. All employees receive one-on-one attention, and all wellness interventions are personally tailored to their specific needs.
- Strengths assessment. What allows employees to do and feel well in their lives? How are they already healthy? All programs focus on identifying existing strengths (personality and behaviors), and developing a structured approach to maximize these areas. My background as a counseling psychologist makes me uniquely positioned to identify and work with individual strengths.
- Wellness enhancement. Through use of the strengths assessment, programs well help employees develop a structured approach to maximize their healthy behaviors.
- Illness prevention. Unhealthy behaviors are targeted, with an emphasis on preventing illness through education and the implementation of adaptive replacement behaviors.
- Stress Management Suite (SMS). All programs feature instruction in stress management techniques, allowing individuals to develop healthy strategies for coping with stress and replacing previously maladaptive habits.
- Dynamic speaker. All programs feature an initial group workshop, prior to the individualized sessions. With an expertise working in group settings - I have a wealth of public speaking experience, and have led numerous therapy and encounter groups - I am skilled in engaging audiences through a mix of energy and humor. I will draw out healthy group norms in my audiences, enhancing motivation and interest in the participants.
Three corporate wellness programs are offered:
Please click on the links above for more information about each program